Walgreens sets sights on transforming healthcare
Leaders come together to share their vision for the future of healthcare at HLTH 2022
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving, from new partnerships and acquisitions to endless demand for innovation. Despite these efforts, however, significant challenges still exist in healthcare delivery, particularly in connecting the patient experience across the care continuum.
During HLTH, the leading platform bringing together the entire health ecosystem, focused on health innovation and transformation, Walgreens leaders will share their unique perspectives on relevant issues that are top of mind for many industry leaders in healthcare today. We encourage you to join us for the following sessions from November 13-16 to hear more about our latest initiatives, and more importantly, how we are working together to create a more seamless patient experience:
- Roz Brewer, CEO – Monday, November 14, 2:00 PM: Main Stage – Keynote Discussion
- John Driscoll, EVP and President, U.S. Healthcare – Sunday, November 13, 1:50 PM: The Disco Stage – Panel: Pivot or Spiral: Remaining Agile as a Founder
- Kendal Whitlock, Head of Digital Optimization, RWE Clinical Trials – Monday, November 14, 10:00 AM: Venetian Ballroom D (Level 2) – Panel: Leveraging Digital Health and Addressing Digital Determinants of Health to Improve Access to Care
- Rina Shah, VP of Pharmacy of the Future and Segment Strategy – Tuesday, November 15, 11:50 AM: The Arena Stage – Point/Counterpoint: Pharmacy Model Monopoly: Who will Pass Go?
- Ramita Tandon, Chief Clinical Trials Officer – Wednesday, November 16, 10:20 AM: The Arena Stage – Panel: Clinical Trials and Tribulations
Healthcare spending in the U.S. has reached an all-time high1 while patient satisfaction remains at an all-time low2. At the same time, ongoing struggles in reducing health inequities have caused those who often need healthcare the most to run into barriers to access like transportation and cost. Walgreens is committed to helping to address these barriers by driving better health care and patient outcomes at lower cost through a transformative mix of capabilities, strategic partnerships and technologies.
- We currently serve 130+ million consumers across the country, with 78% of the U.S. population living within 5 miles of a Walgreens location.
- Nearly 50% of our ~9,000 Walgreens locations are located in an underserved area (as determined by income, social vulnerability index, and access to healthcare)
- To date, we have made $6.8 billion in strategic investments, including a majority investment in VillageMD and the full acquisitions of CareCentrix and Shields Health Solutions that advance our patient-first care approach.
- We’ve entered strategic partnerships with health plans including Blue Shield of California, Clover Health, and Buckeye Health to bring Health Corner services to more than 100 hyper local markets.